Hey Comox Valley!
We are getting super busy here at Comox Valley Arts.
Are you interested in getting more involved in our arts community?
Looking to meet new people, share your skills, discover new things? Consider joining us as a volunteer.
One important way that you can join in and serve your community is via one of our engagement committees.
We currently have committees for:
- External Exhibits: this involves curating, hanging and writing press releases for shows in local businesses.
- Fundraising: this planning group works to build capacity around our operating budget. Oversees Event Crews for our various fundraising events each year, as well as raffles, drives and other one-off activities.
- Human Resources: works directly with the board to write policy and contracts, as well as manage society documentation.
- Arts Guide & Studio Tour: works on outreach, ad sales & data management, and artist communication.
We are seeking interested volunteers to form the following committees (with board & staff support):
- Poet Laureate team: to support, document and promote the Poet Laureate activity and program. Includes outreach to schools & community events, photography/videography, and escorting the CVPL to occasional community events.
- Party team! This group would be responsible for scheduling and hosting member/client mixers on a regular basis (bi-monthly), and is open to a lot of creative input.
- Event Crews: assist with events in myriad ways - ticket sales, decor, stage management, bar staff, coordinating.
There are also occasional administrative jobs or archival projects, plus things like poster distribution and the odd phone campaign.
We'd love to have your help.