Volunteers are beautiful people!
We can’t do all the things we want to do without the support of generous, passionate people like you!
If you’d like to learn more, we host a volunteer meet-up/info session on the 2nd Tuesday of each month, between 430-6pm. Everyone is welcome to attend, and find out what’s coming up or where you might fit best!
You can also join in online, via our Facebook Group – CV/Arts Volunteer Brigade!
What is there to do in an average year with Comox Valley Arts? When we have volunteer support, we can get a lot more of it done!
- January: Member Mixer: greeters and signer-uppers, A great opportunity to find out more about what’s coming up, and where you might have the most fun helping out! Prep & marketing for Central Island Studio Tour. 30-Day Drawing Challenge – meetup hosts. Artist interviews (ongoing – audio, video & written interviews).
- February: info table at World Community Film Fest – signing up new members, volunteers, and monthly donors! And sharing information about CVA. Proofing, Prep & marketing for Central Island Studio Tour. Marketing Spring Workshop Series.
- March: Big fundraising party – music, dancing, food, silent auction, 50/50… all the things. Poet Laureate search (Bi-annually) – postering & outreach, compiling submissions for panel to review, etc. Prep & marketing for Central Island Studio Tour. Hosting Spring Workshop Series. Prep for Members Show & Sale.
- April: Prep & marketing for Central Island Studio Tour. Hosting Spring Workshop Series. Distribution of Arts Guide. Prep for Members Show & Sale.
- May: Central Island Studio tour, Cumberland Market Day Info Booth, Empire Days, prep and marketing for Summer Street Markets – plenty of one-day jobs here. Prep for Members Show & Sale.
- June: Summer Street Markets Team. Prep for Members Show & Sale. Airport Exhibit outreach.
- July: organization month! This is when we sort & purge the storage, and the office, and inventory our equipment. Plus, Summer Street Markets Team. Marketing Members Show & Sale. Arts Guide Ad Sales. Fundraiser planning (for Oct/Nov event).
- August: Filberg Festival – demo artists, info booth greeters, promoting Arts Guide to artists; Nautical Days – same things! Cumberland Wild Festival – we’re working on something fun! Summer Street Markets Team. Marketing Members Show & Sale. Arts Guide Ad Sales. Arts Guide Artist Sales. Fundraiser planning (for November event).
- September: Marketing Members Show & Sale. Arts Guide Ad Sales. Arts Guide Artist Sales. Fundraiser Marketing (for November event).
- October: Members Show & Sale. Arts Guide Artist Sales. Fundraiser Marketing (for November event).
- November: Woodstove Festival. A fundraiser of some description. Arts Guide Artist Sales. Prepping data for Arts Guide.
- December: Prepping data for Arts Guide. Maybe a little rest
CURRENT VOLUNTEER NEEDS:
PRACTICE: program – media team, street team, hosts & mc’s
ARTS Guide: Artist outreach, ad sales support
WORKSHOPS: hosts & greeters, facilitators/presenters
Fundraising planning team
Fine Art Show & Sale planning team
Arts Access team (Street Level arts for all!)
(updated Oct 2019)
Benefits of volunteering with CV/Arts
- Have fun being creative in a supportive environment
- Gain experience and enhance job skills
- Interact in a dynamic community arts society
- Network with business and other organizations that create the framework of our community
- Meet great new friends
- Help to educate the community and promote the value of arts & culture in the Comox Valley
- Opportunities to express your own creative ideas
- Build something amazing with us!