Volunteers are beautiful people!
We'd love to have your help! And there are many ways to get involved.
Upcoming Project positions!
We have a regularly changing selection of short-term volunteer spots...
So, what kinds of things are there to do in 2017?
- January Mixer: greeters and signer-uppers 🙂 This will be our first event of the year - Jan 24 at Union Street Grill. A great opportunity to find out more about what's coming up, and where you might have the most fun helping out!
- January/Feb/March: community outreach about our anniversary, some fundraising/donor outreach for auction & raffle items, plus, all winter we are preparing for our big celebration on April 1.
- February: info table at World Community Film Fest - signing up new members & volunteers, maybe even donors! And sharing information about CVA.
- March: Poet Laureate search - postering & outreach, compiling submissions for panel to review, etc. Prep & marketing for Central Island Studio Tour
- April: Big event at the Filberg Centre on April 1 will need many hands! setup/teardown, stage managers, decorators, bartenders, servers, cleaner-uppers, greeters and fun-makers!
- May: Studio tour, Cumberland Market Day, Empire Days - plenty of one-day jobs here
- June: Elevate Arts Festival - so many things you can help with! Members Show at CVAG - we'll need help hanging this one!
- July: organization month! This is when we sort & purge the storage, and the office, and inventory our equipment. Plus, Courtenay Market Day - stage managers & tech team.
- August: Filberg Festival - demo artists, raffle ticket sellers, info booth greeters; Nautical Days - same things! Atmosphere Gathering - we're working on something fun!
- September: Foggy Mountain Fall Fair - setup/teardown crew, stage managers, sound techs, vendor coordinator, art demos, clean up team and more...
- October: we have some surprise events here that are still in planning stages - but we'll need your help!
- November: prepping for the holiday season! Member's art show & sale, Woodstove Festival, and a fundraising event
- December: 50th Anniversary wrap-up party!
Some of these positions occur all year round... at random, or on a semi-regular schedule. Others have no hard deadline and simply help us get everything done more efficiently.
Benefits of volunteering with CVCAC
- Have fun being creative in a supportive environment
- Gain experience and enhance job skills
- Interact in a dynamic community arts society
- Network with business and other organizations which creates the framework of our community
- Help to educate the community and promote the value of arts in the Comox Valley
- Build something amazing with us!
General Volunteering Contact: [email protected] or 250-334-2983