You know the arts are intrinsic to your life. The arts touch everything. Everyday.
You can also eTransfer to [email protected]
or mail/drop off cheques, payable to Comox Valley Arts, at 202-580 Duncan Ave, Courtenay, V9N 2M7
There are a lot of ways you can acknowledge that the Arts are important to YOU!
- SUPPORT THE INDEPENDENT AND LOCAL ARTIST FIRST – The house hold name has already made it.
- BUY ART – When you buy art, you support the artist and you get an amazing piece to admire.
- BUY BOOKS AT FULL PRICE – Just take more time to decide what you like and support it.
- HIRE MUSICIANS – It will be so worth it!
- BUY TICKETS TO PERFORMANCES
- PURCHASE HANDMADE CLOTHES, SHOES AND ACCESSORIES – They will fit you better and last a lot longer.
- ADORN YOURSELF IN HANDCRAFTED JEWELRY – It will make you feel special.
- CHOOSE HANDMADE FURNITURE, TOYS AND GIFTS BECAUSE THEY ARE TREASURES. – Not junk to go in the landfill
- SUPPORT ARTISAN FOOD, GROWN & PREPARED BY CULINARY ARTISANS – It truly is an art!
- DONATE TO ARTS ORGANIZATIONS – They support and advocate for the arts to be a living, accessible, sustainable entity in your life.
We are here, and ready to help you with #10!
Donations from our community support the huge amount of administrative work that it takes to advocate for art in our daily experience of the Comox Valley and support the 1000's of artists who provide it. (Never mind all the event planning and promotional activity.)
All monetary donations to Comox Valley Arts are Tax Deductible!
An ongoing monthly commitment really helps us achieve more.
Our monthly donor program supports our general operations and allows us to have more flexibility and fluidity when responding to our community.
It builds a fund for supporting requests from other local arts groups and individuals, as well as provides us with discretionary funds for taking advantage of unforeseen opportunities that are not accounted for in our annual budget.
You can also choose to donate to SPECIFIC funds, which are held solely for their described use:
- Arts Centre Planning Fund,
- Youth Empowerment & Training Fund,
- The Poet Laureate Project,
- The Robin Hopper Ceramic Arts Bursary (via Potter's Place).
Here's a tour of some of the amazing things we helped bring to life in the Valley in in the past few years:
Click any image to open a slideshow (click the X in top corner of slide show to close it).
Please note, Membership fees are not tax deductible. (Not a member yet? CLICK HERE TO JOIN TODAY!)
For your information - We do incur fees for online donations.
Cheques and eTransfers provide your full donation amount to us. That said, there is much less time spent on processing electronic donations.
** CanadaHelps assesses a 3.5% fee from each donation made through CanadaHelps.org. This 3.5% includes the costs of processing the transaction itself including credit card fees, banking fees, reconciliation, disbursement and receipting costs. CanadaHelps issues the tax receipt on behalf of the charity. For one-time donors, the receipt is issued instantly. For monthly donors, a composite report and receipt are issued at year-end.This is a modest fee for the services that CanadaHelps provides. CanadaHelps is a registered charity (charitable number 896568417RR0001) with a mission to engage Canadians in the charitable sector, providing accessible and affordable online technology to both donors and charities to promote – and ultimately increase – charitable giving in Canada.