Plans are coming together for this fabulous island-wide celebration of light!
- Lantern Kits can now be purchased in person at Courtenay & District Museum, and Comox Valley Art Gallery during their regular hours. Simple Jellyfish kits are $10.
- Giant Wearable Puppet Workshop on August 5, 6 & 7 in Cumberland – click here for Pay What You Can Registration (these techniques can easily apply to lantern making)
- Lantern-making workshops & drop-ins are coming together with CVAG (Aug 18), Courtenay Museum (TBA), Black Creek Community Centre (TBA) and possibly more. Stay Tuned.
- August 14 in Downtown Courtenay is “Chalk the Block” on Duncan Commons – there will be lantern making and other fun, too!
- Everyone is encouraged to create and display lanterns! It’s a fun thing to do as a family or neighbourhood!
- Businesses in Courtenay, Comox and Cumberland are invited and encouraged to join in!
- Plan a neighbourhood Parade!
Follow us on Facebook & Instagram while we ramp up. Still more details coming soon!
We’ve got a new resource page that we’ll keep updated as plans progress. VIEW IT HERE.