A new book by Neil Garvie - Silence Craves a Voice - to be Launched in March.
A collection of poems about Mother Nature — how she struggles without complaint and her need for advocates.
The book is organized into three sections.
- Noise of the City — how community living causes us to override concerns about the natural world upon which we depend;
- Search for Silence — seeking and accepting Mother Nature as she is — raw, jagged, beautiful; and
- When the Stones Begin to Speak — about finding a way to reconnect with Nature.
It is the author’s hope this collection leads the reader to a renewed optimism about Mother Nature’s future.
Neil is a member of the Comox Valley Writers Society and the Federation of BC Writers. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of this book will go to support the Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada.
Saturday, March 30, 2019
Where: Bayside Cafe, 2760 Cliffe Avenue, Courtenay, BC
Time: 10:30AM to 12NOON
- Refereshments of coffee, water, loaf cake slices
MC: Terrance James. Comox Valley Writers Society
Readings by Neil Garvie, Author
- Guest Reader: Kay Kennedy, Comox Valley Writers Society
- Guest Reader: Carol Gilroy, Comox Valley Writers Society
- Guest Reader: Janet Miller, Comox Valley Writers Society
Name of the Poetry Book: SILENCE CRAVES A VOICE
- Books available for sale at the launch!
SILENCE CRAVES A VOICE ISBN: 978-1-7751352-0-3 Soft cover, 54 pages Price: $14.00
- Books available through neilgarvie.com