The Comox Valley Art Gallery is inviting artists and artisans to set up shop in the CVAG Project Room Studio, located on the gallery’s lower level, from Nov. 16 to Dec. 24, 2021.
Due to COVID complications CVAG is not setting up its annual Winter Art Market this year. Instead, we’re inviting makers to book table space to sell their wares.
You can book a table by sending an email to [email protected]com. There is no fixed fee to book a table, but donations to CVAG will be welcomed.
CVAG IS OFFERING:
- Shared access to our lower-level studio (mixed use) for production, marketing. and direct sales to the public.
- Direct sales to the public – artists/makers keep 100% of their sales.
- Promotion on CVAG’s social media platforms and SHOP:MADE webpage.
- An opportunity to have inventory for sale in CVAG’s retail operation SHOP:MADE.
Tables can be booked in Tuesdays to Saturdays blocks.
GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATION:
- Participants manage their own sales transactions.
- Participants are responsible for staffing and monitoring their tables.
- Participants must follow CVAG protocols for COVID-19 — wearing masks indoors, hand sanitizing, contact tracing.
TIMELINES FOR THE WEEK YOU ARE BOOKED
- Tuesday 10am – 5pm: Participants can load in and set up.
- Wednesday + Thursday 10am – 5pm: presence in space to produce and to sell work is optional (if participants choose to not be in the studio space these days their display should be covered with drapes so that work is secure as there will be public access for those who are active in their space).
- Friday and Saturday 10 – 5: participants must be present to display and sell their work.
- Saturday 5 – 6PM: breakdown and take all work and displays out of gallery
SPECIAL HOURS NOV. 19 AND DECEMBER 5:
Normal hours will be 10am to 5pm, but on Friday, Nov. 19 we will be open late for Moonlight and Magic. And on Sunday, Dec. 5, we will open from noon to 5pm in conjunction with the Santa Clause parade.