Volunteers are beautiful people!
We can’t do all the things we want to do without the support of generous, passionate people like you!
Be sure to Follow us on Facebook or subscribe to our Newsletter for all the opportunities as they arise.
You can also join in online, via our Facebook Group – CV/Arts Volunteer Brigade!
What is there to do in an average (non-pandemic) year with Comox Valley Arts? When we have volunteer support, we can get a lot more of it done!
- January: 30-Day Drawing Challenge – social media & meetup hosts. Member Mixer: greeters and signer-uppers. Prep & marketing for Central Island Studio Tour. Artist interviews (ongoing – audio, video & written interviews).
- February: info table at World Community Film Fest – signing up new members, volunteers, and monthly donors! Proofing, Prep & marketing for Central Island Studio Tour. Marketing Spring Workshop Series.
- March: Big fundraising party – music, dancing, food, silent auction, 50/50… all the things. Poet Laureate search (Bi-annually) – postering & outreach, compiling submissions for panel to review, etc. Prep & marketing for Central Island Studio Tour. Hosting Spring Workshop Series.
- April: Prep & marketing for Central Island Studio Tour. Hosting Spring Workshop Series. Distribution of Arts Guide. Prep for Summer Street Markets – vendor outreach, planning, marketing.
- May: Central Island Studio tour, Cumberland Market Day Info Booth, Empire Days, prep and marketing for Summer Street Markets – plenty of one-day jobs here.
- June: Summer Street Markets Team. Airport Exhibit outreach. Planning for Sept Youth projects.
- July: organization month! This is when we sort & purge the storage, and the office, and inventory our equipment. Plus, Summer Street Markets Team. Arts Guide Ad Sales. Fundraiser planning (for Oct/Nov event). Planning for Sept Youth projects.
- August: Filberg Festival – demo artists, info booth greeters, promoting Arts Guide to artists; Nautical Days – same things! Summer Street Markets Team. Arts Guide Ad Sales. Arts Guide Artist Sales. Fundraiser planning (for November event).
- September: Arts Guide Ad Sales. Arts Guide Artist Sales. Fundraiser Marketing (for November event).
- October: Arts Guide Artist Sales. Fundraiser Marketing (for November event).
- November: Woodstove Festival. A fundraiser of some description. Arts Guide Artist Sales. Prepping data for Arts Guide.
- December: Prepping data for Arts Guide. Maybe a little rest…
Benefits of volunteering with CV/Arts
- Have fun being creative in a supportive environment
- Gain experience and enhance job skills
- Interact in a dynamic community arts society
- Network with business and other organizations that create the framework of our community
- Meet great new friends
- Help to educate the community and promote the value of arts & culture in the Comox Valley
- Opportunities to express your own creative ideas
- Build something amazing with us!