- This event has passed.
Painting Trees in Acrylic from the Ground Up!
April 9 - April 10$260
Are you struggling with painting trees with your acrylics?
Would you like some tips and techniques to use in your own work?
You have come to the right place!
Cindy will walk you through her method of painting the west coast evergreen tree. Whether it’s a Fir, cedar, pine or hemlock she portrays these trees in her art because she is surrounded by them in real life.
What will you learn in this workshop?
- How to start with an underpainting over a semi-detailed drawing (don’t let that scare you)
- Negative spaces, painting the sky around the tree
- Cool and warm greens and where to put them
- Light and shadow to sculpt the boughs
- tree trunks with just enough detail
- Keeping on track with the trunk
- Branch flow
- Plenty of art tidbits off the top of her head as she demonstrates and wanders the room 🙂 .
- A Bonus PDF ahead of the class showing the difference between the evergreens she paints and how to recognize them outdoors. Just to get you in the zone.
Level- Some acrylic painting experience necessary
You will need your own supplies and a list will be sent to you upon signing up. There will be lots of substitutions you can use, Cindy’s favourite saying is “We can make that work!”.