BC Culture Days invites all BC artists to apply to be a 2017 Culture Days Ambassador in their community. Winners will receive $1,000 towards community activation and production of a Culture Days activity!
The Culture Days Ambassador acts as a spokesperson for BC Culture Days and as a community mobilizer throughout the summer leading up to the Culture Days weekend (September 29-October 1, 2017).
Deadline: March 31, 2017
Eligibility Requirements - The applicant must be:
- An individual artist (amateur or professional) residing in BC
(Applications from organizations, businesses or groups are not eligible);
- Active in their arts, culture, or heritage community;
- Present and available to act as a spokesperson in their community during the months of August and September 2017; and
- Registered at BC.CultureDays.ca to present an activity in BC during the 2017 Culture Days weekend (September 29-October 1, 2017).
Ambassador Responsibilities include:
- Networking and mobilizing — Reaching out to community members such as individual artists, arts organizations, cultural organizations, heritage organizations, and businesses encouraging them to offer activities during the Culture Days weekend.
- Promoting — Encouraging public participation and discussion about Culture Days through in-person interviews with community members, blog posts, and social media, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
- Organizing — Registering, coordinating, and presenting a free Culture Days activity for the public.
- Representing — Acting as a spokesperson and media contact during the Culture Days publicity campaign. The ambassador may be called upon for TV, radio, and newspaper interviews to speak on behalf of BC Culture Days and their local arts and cultural community.
How to apply:
Please visit BC.CultureDays.ca to complete the online application form.
Submissions will be juried by members of the BC Culture Days Steering Committee and finalists will be called for an interview. Winners will be awarded $1,000 (includes ambassador honorarium + activity budget).
Winners will be required to submit a final report in October.
For more information, please contact Nazanin Shoja at [email protected] or 604-681-3535 ext. 214.