Would you love to take your art in a new direction?
Saturday, October 27, 2018 at 10 AM – 4 PM $150
In Abstract Explorations 3, we will explore shapes, a composition style commonly used in non-objective abstracts. You will combine collage, pastel, graphite, and acrylic to achieve results as unique as you are. You’ll learn how to explore the use of color theory in abstraction and to use an underpainting to bring structure and depth to your art. In addition, you’ll begin to understand how to work in a series and how this can help you develop your own personal style.
You will learn:
- Pastel and acrylic techniques to use to complete your own paintings
- How to add collage elements
- How to loosen up by using your non-dominant hand and painting to music
- Ways to express emotions through mark-making
- Using color and symbolism for expression
- Working with photos for inspiration
Presented by Patt Scrivener