Join Peggy Burkosky AFCA for 2 Day Watercolour Workshop at
2179 Island Hwy W, Qualicum Beach
This Indoor/ Outdoor Paintout will make use of the picturesque grounds of Milner Gardens & Woodland in Qualicum Beach BC Canada. The workshop is designed to find solutions for watercolour painting with an emphasis on composition, simple values and a limited palette.
Fundamental techniques can be discovered no matter what skill level or experience you have had.
Peggy will demonstrate in watercolours however you are welcome to work in the medium of your preference.
Registration website link: https://peggyburkosky.
PEGGY BURKOSKY BIOGRAPHY 2018
- 2016 - 2018: Federation of Canadian Artists Success Exhibit - Awarded AFCA Signature Status; 1st 2nd Place & Honourable Mention Awards Federation of Canadian Artists Juried Exhibitions
- 2017 - Featured Artist Heritage House Publications Best Seller “Beckoned By The Sea - Women at Work on the Cascadia Coast” by Sylvia Taylor
- 2017: Solo Exhibition - Gallery ExaART - Kyoto JAPAN
- 2016: Travel the World Exhibit - Gallery ExaART - Kyoto JAPAN
- 2015: Fabriano in Watercolour International Exhibit, Fabriano ITALY
- 2015 - 2017: En Plein Air Grand Prix Awards
- 2014: Tokyo National Art Museum JAPAN – People’s Choice Award; New Face Award
Ikki-kai Exhibition; Hokkaido JAPAN – Gold Award
- 2013: Solo Exhibit – The Old School House Arts Centre, Qualicum Beach CANADA
- 2010: TOSH Masters – The Old School House Arts Centre, Qualicum Beach CANADA
- 2005 – 1992: Solo Exhibits – The Old School House Arts Centre, Qualicum Beach CANADA; Vancouver Island CANADA Brant Festival Art Exhibitions 1st Place, Honourable Mentions & People’s Choice Awards
- Joint Exhibition of Royal Institute of Painters in Watercolour (ENGLAND) & Federation of Canadian Artists at Frye Art Museum, Seattle USA & CANADA House Gallery, London ENGLAND
AFCA Signature Member Federation of Canadian Artists
Northwest Watercolour Society
International Watercolour Society
Peggy Burkosky is a traditional watercolour and oils painter, illustrator in charcoal/conte portrait artist and instructor. Her work has been exhibited throughout Canada, USA, England, Italy, and Japan. She received training in commercial design and illustration in the corporate sign industry in Vancouver Canada, and designed for corporations for over a twelve year period from 1973 to 1985. She has had extensive training in watercolour painting and portraiture including workshops at the Federation of Canadian Artists workshops, the Metchosin School of the Arts and Fabriano in Aquarello International symposium workshops in Fabriano Italy (2015). She is a painting and drawing instructor in Canada at The Old School House Arts Centre in British Columbia, Provincial Government Parks & Recreation programs on Vancouver Island British Columbia Canada as well as holding workshops in Kobe, Kyoto and Zushi Japan.